Some of the projects we are currently working on…
IRIDA (Integrated Rapid Infectious Disease Analysis) Project: A Federated Bioinformatics Platform for Public Health Microbial Genomics.
- Fiona Brinkman (PI), Gary Van Domselaar (co-PI; Chief, Bioinformatics, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public Health Agency of Canada) and William Hsiao (co-PI; Bioinformatics Head, BC Centre for Disease Control laboratory) plus 4 other co-applicants.
- Please see www.irida.ca for further information – this will continue also through three Genome Canada bioinformatics projects listed below.
Rapid prediction of antimicrobial resistance from metagenomic samples: data, models, and methods
- Robert Beiko (PI), Dalhousie University; Fiona Brinkman (co-PI), Simon Fraser University; Andrew G. McArthur (co-PI), McMaster University.
Genomic Epidemiology Application Ontology (GenEpiO)
- William Hsiao (PI), University of British Columbia; Andrew G. McArthur (co-PI), McMaster University; Fiona S.L. Brinkman (co-PI), Simon Fraser University
PathOGIST: Calibrated multi-criterion genomic analysis for public health microbiology
- Leonid Chindelevitch (PI), Simon Fraser University; William Hsiao (co-PI), University of British Columbia; Cedric Chauve (co-PI), Simon Fraser University, and Fiona Brinkman (co-applicant).
Drug discovery through integration of chemical genomics and structural systems biology
- Lei Xie (PI; Hunter College) with Fiona Brinkman (co-applicant).
The allergy and asthma database: initiating data integration for systems-based analyses
- Fiona Brinkman, PI, with collaborator David Lynn (Teagasc, Trinity, Ireland)
- See Allergen.InnateDB.com and InnateDB.com
Computationally predicting bacterial protein subcellular localization, using experimentally-based criteria
- Fiona Brinkman, PI
- See also www.psort.org and associated PSORTb and PSORTdb resources which are being expanded in capabilities as part of this project
Applied Metagenomics of the Watershed Microbiome
- PI’s Patrick Tang and Judy Issac-Renton (BCCDC) plus 8 co-applicants nationally including Fiona Brinkman (who is Research Director of Bioinformatics)
- See our project website, www.watersheddiscovery.ca, for more information – this project is continuing through alternative funding after the main Genome Canada funding ended.
Administration of the Pseudomonas Genome Database